zoggavia
c/n 1018

Model 1649A-98-20 Starliner N7316C

Trans World Airlines, registered N7316C FN 816 'Star of the Tigris' and delivered 26 June 1957. Used on international and domestic network.



N7316C L-1649A still in passenger configuration, taken at Chicago O'Hare, March 1959, 
Jon Proctor Collection.


Converted to all-cargo configuration 9 September 1960 and in service as all-cargo aircraft by November 1960. Leased to Alaska Airlines 25 January 1962.

                                                                                                                                                               
N7316C L-1649A wearing old Alaska Airlines colors, taken at Anchorage, AK, April 1963,
Clinton H. Groves Collection.


Sold to Alaska Airlines 31 December 1962. Converted to bulk fuel-oil carrier  beginning 1968 and later sold to Red Dodge Aviation Inc. 16 November 1968.

Under restoration at Auburn-Lewiston Airport by Lufthansa. Expected completion date is 2011.
For up-dated information on the restoration progress please look at the following websites:

Lufthansa

Ralf M. Pettersen's Constellation Survivors


N7316C TWA
June 57 - January 62



N7316C Alaska Airlines
January 62 - September 68



N7316C Pruhoe Oil
December 68 - 69



N7316C Maine Coast Airways
May 83 - December 2007


Cockpit view of N7316C during a check at TWA's base at New York Idlewild, NY, in September 1959, Zoggavia Collection.

Click on the photo for more details.










The Starliner received Alaska's Golden Nugget color scheme during 1966.



Here seen arriving at Anchorage, September 1966, Zoggavia Collection.







Bought by Prudhoe Oil Distributing Co Inc. 2 November 1968 and operated with N8083H until end of 1969. Eventually N7316C was leased to Interior in 1969.


Photo taken at Anchorage April 1970, Zoggavia Collection.







After storage and some other owners N7316C ended up with Maine Coast Airways, Maurice Roundy, 23 May 1983. Aircraft, along with N974R and N8083H, sold at auction on 18 December 2007 to Lufthansa Berlin-Stiftung for
for USD 745'000.


Here seen towed at Stewart airport, November 1983, Zoggavia Collection.