zoggavia
c/n 1034

Model 1649A-98-17 Starliner D-ALUB

Delivered to Lufthansa as D-ALUB on 27 September 1957.

                                                                                                                                                               
D-ALUB just leaving the ramp for another Trans Atlantic crossing bound for Frankfurt,
New York Idlewild, July 1959, Erik Bernhard Collection.


To LAS for freighter conversion April 1960. Returned to Lufthansa and named 'Isar', leased to World Airways and handed over 22 August 1962 as N45511. Returned to Lufthansa 17 February 1964 and restored to the registration D-ALUB. Used on domestic network until 29 November 1965 and sold to Nordflug 27 January 1966 and converted for use as a restaurant.

Destroyed by fire at Hartenholm on 31 July 1975 and remains scrapped afterward..


D-ALUB Lufthansa
September 57 -  November 65



D-ALUB Nordflug Café
November 66 -  July 75


D-ALUB Nordflug Café

November 66 -  July 75





On approach to Frankfurt on a nice summer evening, August 1965. Nice to see the different wing compared to the normal Connies and Super Connies,  Zoggavia Collection.







The "Nordflug Café" was in use at Hartenholm airfield, near Hamburg in basic Lufthansa colors but without titles, by 1973 the 1649A was painted in the original 1958 Lufthansa colors.


Here freshly painted in summer 1973, Zoggavia Collection










Photo taken June 1974, Zoggavia Collection via Michael Brauner