World Wide Airlines started operations in 1957 with Curtiss C-46s for charter flights from MIA. However, operations were suspended between 1 April 1958 and 26 July 1960. The airline moved its headquarters to Oakland in 1960. Two L1049s were leased in the second half of 1960, and two L749As in 1961. The airline operated both domestic military contract flights and civilian charter flights, including the California to New York LGA route. In November 1961, the Dept. of Defence stopped using World Wide for military charters, leading to the suspension of operations until the summer of 1962. A short comeback was made in July 62, and four L049s were leased. However, the airline's financial state led to its operations being ceased in October 1962, after failing to obtain interim authority from the CAB.
1960 - 1960